Loc. Scanizza, Coordinates: N126.96.36.199, E12.03.57.48
You can take a peek on Google Earth through the link above: zoom in on the border line between Umbria and Tuscany. Just to the right of the red drawing pin in Umbria you will see a conglomerate of four buildings and a small lake. This is Casa Faulle.
Cheap flights are available to the airports of Rome and Pisa.
You can hire a car or you can buy your bus and train tickets to the station of Camucia-Cortona or Terontola at the airport.
Route Florence-Rome, get off at the station of Camucia-Cortona or Terontola.
Transportation from Camucia or Terontola
- Taxi: costs around € 25
- Bus: costs around € 3 (tickets available from the Tabacceria)
- By appointment private transfer to Casa Faulle is possible for a small fee
Motorway A1-Florence –Rome, exit Arezzo or Valdichiana
- Towards Cortona (Perugia) till you reach Camucia.
- At roundabout in Camucia don’t drive all the way up to Cortona, continue towards Mercatale and about 0,5 kilometres after Camucia at the Y-junction take exit “Mercatale” and “Montanare”.
- After about 8 kilometres you will reach Montanare.
From Montanare to Casa Faulle
Immediately after the council sign “Montanare” you will find (after a container) a bridge to your right. Cross this bridge. From here a (partly dirt) road will take you to Casa Faulle. Follow the sign to Il Rifugio till the mailboxes. When mailboxes turn left. Then follow the signs Casa Faulle.
We are happy to guide guests who have never been to Casa Faulle before up to the house. Give us call and we will come and collect you at the bottom of the hill. You can then follow our car up the hill. The next time you will have no trouble finding your own way uphill (in first gear).